Welcome to the World of Royalty.
Be one of the Royalties in OzPH Smile

Enjoy and have fun.
The World of Royalty
Welcome to the World of Royalty.
Be one of the Royalties in OzPH Smile

Enjoy and have fun.
The World of Royalty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The World of Royalty

True Friends cqme from the Royalties

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGo to zymo site

Know my place| Dumaguete City

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Key

Key

Know my place| Dumaguete City Empty
PostSubject: Know my place| Dumaguete City   Know my place| Dumaguete City Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 9:51 am

Lol ever wondering why this thread is purposely only for me?
Its cuz im gonna put alot of information about Dumaguete City.
You can reply or post here XD
But if you want to also post about your city, just make a new post. Wink

I wanna have a lil something asides from all the other random picture. Weee~
Have fun getting to know my small lil town Razz
Dumaguete City.
Back to top Go down
Key

Key

PostSubject: Re: Know my place| Dumaguete City   Know my place| Dumaguete City Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 10:03 am

Last time in August 4 2008
Silliman University top notch 8th rank

The top 20 schools in the country, based on this criteria are:

1. University of the Philipines-Diliman
2. University of Santo Tomas
3. Saint Louis University, Baguio City
4. University of the Philippines-Los Banos
5. Xavier University (Ateneo de Cagayan)
6. Ateneo de Davao University
7. Ateneo de Manila University
8. Silliman University <- see *point point*
9. University of San Carlos
10. Mindanao State University-Iligan Institute of Tech
11. University of the Philippines-Manila
12. De La Salle University-Manila
13. Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila
14. University of the Cordilleras(Formerly Baguio Colleges Foundation)
15. University of Negros Occidental-Recolectos
16. Mindanao State University-Gen Santos City
17. Polytechnic University of the Philippines
18. Mapua Institute of Technology
19. Central Mindanao University
20. Adamson University

And now finally this year:

n a study conducted by the Professional Regulations Commission(PRC) and the Commission on Higher Education (CHED), based on the average passing in the BOARD EXAMINATIONS OF ALL COURSES of all universities and colleges in the country, here is a list of the Top 20 Universities of the Philippines:

1. University of the Philippines
(Diliman Campus /Luzon)
2. University of the Philippines
(Los Banos Campus/ Luzon)
3. University of the Philippines
(Manila Campus /Luzon)
4. Silliman University
(Dumaguete City / Visayas) <- Hihi
5. Ateneo deDavao University
(Davao / Mindanao)
6. Ateneo de Manila University
(Manila /Luzon)
7. University of Sto. Tomas
(Manila / Luzon)
8. Mindanao State University
(Iligan Institute ofTech/ Mindanao)

Others are still on going Razz
Hurrah Silliman.
Back to top Go down
Key

Key

PostSubject: Re: Know my place| Dumaguete City   Know my place| Dumaguete City Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 10:36 am

A few buildings of Silliman University...

We got our own zoo..
Our own beach..
Our own marine lab..
Artifacts..
And many other more lewl.

FIRST OF ALL!
This is where I always hang out lol! Like every after class or free break, me n my buddies would rush to the otherside just to go to Silliman's mini mall Razz
Portal west~
[West cuz its located west, portal cuz its near the 4 entrace pillars of Silliman]

Know my place| Dumaguete City 2348604591443341e547yv1

Yah, inside there has tons of internet cafes and dress shops for you to enjoy.
THERES ALSO ICECREAM PALACE THERE! YUM X3

Uh.. This is Silliman University's Church from afar.
N yep ... the whole grass there ish where we usually pass by. x.x

Know my place| Dumaguete City 42467482-2

A close up pic of the church.
Looks creepy ..
Oh btw, Silliman's a protestant school.
[I so dont belong in a protestant school...]

Know my place| Dumaguete City Churchindumaguete

N the insides of the church..

Know my place| Dumaguete City Churchindumaguete1

Hahaa. This is the entrance of the Silliman campus, it got 4 pillars.
Once u go in its all Silliman, Silliman, Silliman!

Know my place| Dumaguete City SU3

Before we had all the buildings, Silliman used to have only 1 building and its this one

Know my place| Dumaguete City SU

The school used to be an all boys school and started with just 17 boys i think ;x with just that.
Its located beside the sea near the harbor.
Now its just a mere display n remembrace of our University and became into a museum full of artifacts n etc.

Silliman's very own Beach:

Know my place| Dumaguete City 1270947445_07dfbfda6b

Know my place| Dumaguete City 1270869047_5c1e41cfcf

Silliman University's Toblerone~

Know my place| Dumaguete City 257015317-51181e8136

Luce Auditorium of our University

Know my place| Dumaguete City Luce

Know my place| Dumaguete City TheMSOintheLuceAuditoriumphotobyJoh

Know my place| Dumaguete City 1390609-Things_To_Do-Dumaguete_City

Last edited by Key on Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Key

Key

PostSubject: Re: Know my place| Dumaguete City   Know my place| Dumaguete City Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 10:47 am

Well lets skip my school for now, I wanna show you Dumaguete's restaurants!
Now we may just be a population of merely 200,000 here in dumaguete.
But everyday it always counts as 400,000 <- yep we got lotsa visitors coming around our place.

Mamia's Portugese Bar and Restaurant
Rizal Boulevard (Monday to Sunday, 11am to 12am)
By no means fine dining, however, we can almost guarantee that the steak will make your mouth water and the service is pretty quick. A meal for two might set you back around £10 including drinks and you'll be able to people watch from the outside patio as life goes by on the boulevard. The restaurant is fully aircon with a well-stocked wine list or you can grab yourself a short at the bar and chat over a few drinks - gentle background music never hampers good conversation between friends. Great for a formal celebration or a romantic occasion - dress up and make a night of it.
Expect to pay around £5pp

Mike's Adventure Dive Waterfront Cafe
Rizal Boulevard (Monday to Saturday, 7am to 10pm)
Great for divers who want to combine a shopping jaunt with a light snack, but friends of the finned are also welcome. Three tables are located outside the shop front if you want to take it easy. Big comfy couches, free WiFi connection and book exchange - this dive fraternity has more than your buy or rent dive gear in store. Worth a few visits - kick back and relax in Negros Bohemia.
Expect to pay around £3pp

Anabelle Jean's
Rizal Boulevard (Monday to Saturday, 9am to 1am; Sunday, 4pm to 12am)
Cheap eats and snacks that are served nice and quick. Eat inside or out, but you’ll have to ditch the idea of aircon in this open front restaurant. Great mushrooms in breadcrumbs and fries, but stay clear of the soup as it reminds us of the watery canned version.

Chicco's Swiss Restaurant at Why Not (Music Box)
Rizal Boulevard (Monday to Saturday, 6am to 2am; Sunday, 6am to 12am) A restobar, salad bar and coffee shop all rolled into one, Chicco serves a wide variety of Filipino and international dishes and is the only dining place in the city that serves the famous Fondue. Yes the Swiss were here first, but they do know their deli. Fresh hams and pastrami, gorgeous mouth watering cheese and ham toasties and onion soup drizzled in mozzarella that is definitely not for the fainthearted.

Lab-As Seafood
North end of the Rizal Boulevard (Monday to Sunday, 10am to 10pm) All the fish you can eat and why not - after all you're in Negros! Choose your victim form the tank if it's lobster or crab that takes your fancy, or indulge in some blue Marlin, a local delicacy that is easy on the palette. Lab-As is highly recommended in travel books as the best seafood restaurant in the city - the reviews are not wrong and it is reasonably priced as well. The restaurant is flanked by "Su-to-kil" kiosk and Hayahay Bar. Su-to-kil serves grilled food, ideal as appetizers, while Hayahay is best reserved for after dinner drinks and entertainment. This makes Lab-As a perfect choice for entrees. It also has a piano bar where a pianist plays soothing music from 7pm to 9pm. The subdued lighting contributes to the relaxing ambiance of the place. Great baked oysters and grilled squid.
Expect to pay around £10pp

Chin Loong Chinese Restaurant
Rizal Boulevard (Monday to Sunday, 8am to 11pm) As the name implies, Chin Loong serves Chinese dishes and dimsum, which makes it a popular restaurant among both the locals and visitors to the city. It is advisable to be there before 7pm to be assured of seats as it can get crowded. If you like your vegetables "half" cooked and crunchy then you'll definitely be happy here. Expect to pay under £10 on a two-course meal for two including drinks.

Cafe Memento
North end of Rizal Boulevard (Monday to Saturday, 9am to 11pm; Sunday, 3pm to 11pm) If you crave coffee and Mexican treats this is the place to be. Chill out with friends and enjoy the music, or just be by yourself and renew your spirit in solitude. Couples, groups of friends, and even aged, motorcycle-riding men come here to relax and savor the food and the invigorating ambience. Beer is also served, so if it's beer you want, it's beer you'll get. Definitely more pricey than most but as a first floor restaurant - you can savour the fresh clean air and the silence even in the heart of the city. The beef burrito is definitely worth a second visit as it's filled to the brim with juicy beef, tomatoes, cheese and a special dressing that leaves a yummy aftertaste. The quesadillas are also nicely done, and better than those from the Greenwich Pizza store. A filling treat of burritos, quesadillas and cold coffee will only set you back around 200 pesos.
Expect to pay around £2pp

Persian Palate
Rizal Boulevard (Monday to Sunday, 11am to 11pm)
Great food at ridiculously low prices - can be quite spicy - so if you're not a fan, best to stick with the hummus which is more-ish. Great Calamansi juice for those who have a sweet tooth. Two can eat out for less than £5. No smoking, but once you start eating you'll forget that cigarettes even existed along with alcohol - as it's not sold here. The restaurant interior is not the most cozy, but we love the food in here, especially just ordering a bunch of small dishes and having a pick 'n mix evening.

Hayahay Treehouse Bar and Restaurant
North end of Rizal Boulevard, Silliman Avenue (Monday to Sunday, 10am to 12am)
Want to mix your culinary delights with some great live music? Be warned, the bands can be loud, but this is local music that shouldn't be missed. Fancy eating Italian? Hayahay also offers the ultimate in pizzas. Take a seat atop the tree house and watch out over the moonlit bay - pizza pretty fantabulous and the view - priceless. With a 15-seat capacity and its own bar, each tree house is perfect for a small group of friends. On clear nights, one can see the distant lights of Cebu Island or the blinking gas lanterns of local fishermen's boats. Take some mozzie spray for this one, as it's all outside eating. The baked Talaba (Oyster) for 120 pesos is a must-try. The beer-prices are around 30 pesos and pizza is in the range of 180 - 350 pesos. All the fish and seafood is fresh and you can choose your crabs and lobster from the tank. As far as music goes - Wednesday is the perfect Rastafarian outing with live bands including the local reggae heroes ENCHI; Thursday is acoustic night; and on Friday you can check out some smooth jazzy pop, with louder tunes pumped out on Saturday, at ROCK night.
Expect to pay around £8pp

Coco Amigos Mexican Bar and Restaurant
Rizal Boulevard (Monday to Sunday, 6:30am to 2am)
Very friendly bar with a genuine Mexican flair! - from the façade right down to the interiors and furniture. Expect, rich and colorful details, quirky Aztec figures painted on the walls, Mexican sombreros, and festive South American music. The restaurant/bar serves authentic cuisine and has an ample supply of Tequila. If you feel like looking out into the horizon or the boulevard strip, you can choose to be seated at their front patio under huge white umbrellas. Meals are OK, but it depends what you order. Not one for pizza, but they do serve great salads, pasta and fish. Evening entertainment is varied with everything from John MaClaine to Celine Dione look-alikes. It tends to be background music, but they will occasionally have a singer on a stage at the front of the venue - this can be loud. No aircon - open front bar and restaurant. Also a great place to chill with a good book during the day. You can catch a meal for two for under £10 including drinks.

Sans Rival Cakes & Pastries
Rizal Boulevard (Monday to Saturday, 9am to 7pm; Sunday, 9am to 2pm) A trip to Dumaguete is not complete if you leave without sampling the popular Sylvannas from Sans Rival. Aptly named, the pastry shop also sells a host of other cakes, pastries and cookies. The Sylvannas come in a box of 10 and that will set you back 90 pesos, while Sans Rival is sold as a loaf that costs 255 pesos. Both are wrapped in foil doubled with Kraft paper to maintain their freshness. If you want to take them back home, inform the storekeeper and they will offer you chilled stock that could last for 4 hours without melting. This dessert themed restaurant will set you back under £5.

Howyang Chinese Restaurant
Perdices Street (Monday to Sunday 930am to 830pm)
Dimsum and dumplings take center stage in this delightful Chinese restaurant, featuring sumptuous shrimp balls, spring rolls and cabbage pouch-all at very low prices. The bright and colourful interiors are a refreshing change from the tacky interior of a usual Chinese restaurant, but the food served here is as close as you can get to Shanghai or Beijing. House specialties range from Crab Fuyong and Crispy Pata to Kinilaw and the intriguingly named Rainbow Fish. Don't miss out on the chicken feet dimsum if you're feeling extra adventurous!

Barefoot Bistro
EJ Blanco Drive (Monday to Sunday, 10am to 3am)
Adjacent to El Camino Bar is the Barefoot Bistro, an outdoor informal bar and restaurant where many love to hang out because of its casual and rugged flair - no dress codes here. It has a serviceable bar and a menu of popular outdoor dishes like the grilled pork belly and sisig. One can play billiards or throw some darts, catch a couple of TV shows near the bar while sipping ice cold beer, or simply lounge around with friends in one of the pretty native huts. Tends to be a haven for the mozzies, but a really chilled place. El Camino, which is the nearest you'll get to house and techno - it's generally a laidback crowd and the music definitely hits a few Euphoric nerves.

Club El Camino Blanco
EJ Blanco Drive (Monday to Sunday, 10am to 3am)
A bar, restaurant and dance club rolled into one, El Camino is an ever popular night destination, where the young (or feeling young) and the trendy converge. Constantly booming with irresistible dance music, thanks to the in house DJ, El Camino is definitely a must go for all party lovers. It has a well stocked bar, state of the art sound system and lighting, is fully air conditioned and serves great Filipino food such as crispy pata and beef tapa. On some occasions, it features live bands and fashion shows.

Why Not Music Box
Rizal Boulevard (Monday to Saturday, 9pm to 3am; Sunday, 9pm to 2am) If you really want to let your hair down and you don't mind a more eclectic mix of musical genres then this is the ultimate party venue. You can always try your hand at pool, grab a bite to eat or simply enjoy the fun all night long on the dance floor. A sought-after-place for young blooded professionals, tourists and students - a rather mixed bag covering all walks of life. No shorts or sandals.
Expect to pay around £10pp

Payag Sa Likod
North Road (Monday to Saturday, 9pm to 3am; Sunday, 9pm to 2am)
Described as the beach inside the city, this is a place where the 20 or 30 something crowd hangout. Think sands of Boracay (minus the crowds) at night with mats and pillows laid out on the sand and tables and chairs made of bamboo. Recommendations are the sisig and spicy gambas. "Payag" means shack in English, but this Payag is one great place to unwind and enjoy food, drinks and great music. They also have a live band playing and you can even join in the Filipino tradition of belting out a song - the band backing you up with a guitar and a beatbox. Having Zen like native appeal you can share one of the several nooks, cosy up to big throw pillows and look at the stars...how romantic....they've even got candles spread around as well! Dress is eclectic from formal to casual to beach wear.

Happy Fred's
Rizal Boulevard (Monday to Sunday, 9am to 4am)
Fancy a beer or if you're feeling lucky perhaps you're up for the seven-shooter challenge. Terry the owner is always catching up on the football - so there's a good chance you'll be able to pack in a game before the holiday is over. The bar also has bikes for hire if you need to get around on two wheels and a WiFi connection if you want to catch up or download in the heart of the city. Fred's has a sister establishment near the airport so if you're flying with Philippine Airlines and it's a late arrival - you can always grab a sneaky beer before heading off to your next destination. They will also do a mighty tasty full English breakfast if you are looking to travel in the early hours.

Why Not Music Box KTV Bar
Rizal Boulevard (Monday to Sunday, 7pm to 3am)
Why Not has a Karaoke Bar, and by the time you leave Negros you'll know that this is a kind of national sport in the Philippines. First they ask you what to sing, then what to drink. Home to professional and amateur singers alike, its wide array of song collections ensures there's a tune for everyone - and believe us it can become addictive especially after a few San Miguels. The Karaoke Bar is also equipped with VIP Rooms for your private singing satisfaction.

Other Must-Visit Restos / Cafes / Fastfood Joints:
Cafe Antonio
Casablanca European Cuisine
Italia
Edelweiss Austrian Pub and Restaurat
Fhu Garden Chinese Restaurant
Basil Tree
Sampan Hongkong Foodhouse
Cafe Noriter
Goldilocks
The Cellar at Coco Grande
Boston Cafe Restaurant
Food Net
Shakey's
La Caviteña and McNeloy's (Silliman Avenue, LSP Foodcourt)
Scooby's (Daro, Real, South Road, Perdices)
Chantilly
Ana Maria (Silliman Avenue, LSP Foodcourt)
Jo's Chicken Inato (Silliman Avenue, Sibulan)
Greenwich Pizza (Ever Mall)
Jollibee (Perdices, North Road)
Mrs. Breadworth (LSP Ground Floor)
Lee Cimbali Coffee
La Mexicana
Mr. LEE Dimsum (LSP Food Court)
Pizza Hut
City Burger (LSP Food Court, Real)
Chowking
Goldilocks
Dunkin Donuts (Perdices, Public Market Area)
Taster's Delight
McDonald's
Top-Z
Habhaban
Nerisse
Cafe Binfico
The Minimick
Living Cafe Japanese Restaurant
Miracle Mile
Mister Donut (NORSU, Silliman Avenue, FU)
Le Traveller's Cafe
Jumong Korean Restaurant
Don Roberto's
Sta Teresa (Hibbard Avenue, Perdices)
Gabby's Bistro
Cafe Mamia
Cafe Medina
Honeycomb Restaurant
Honeycomb Sports Bar
The Daily Grind Coffee
Ahrn Thai Thailand Cuisine
Chicken J
Mandarin
STED's Grill (STED's Silliman)
Wakagi Japanese Restaurant
Sweet Choices
Food Town
Ever Mall Foodcourt
Highway 10 (South Road, JFT Center Mall)
Connie's Grill
Island Cafe
Galing Kape Coffee
Sta. Monica Seafood Restaurant
Sweet Bites
Country Bakers
Tocino Country
Cafe Sobere
Imay's
Panda Ice Cream
Dumaguete Fried Chicken
Pannie's
Mandarin
Rizal Bouelvard Skewers
JV's Grill
Palmyra Restaurant
Neva's Pizza
Dosirat Korean Cuisine
Uptown Gardens Restaurant
Rustic Avenue Restaurant
Qyosko Bar and Restaurant
Cafe Qyosko Comfort Food and Expresso
Le Chalet Swiss

--- If you don't feel like eating in those places listed, don't worry, there are always still those trusty

Back to top Go down
Key

Key

PostSubject: Re: Know my place| Dumaguete City   Know my place| Dumaguete City Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 10:58 am

Seriously im talking too much.
silent

Haha, but these are some of the restaurants pictures and food~

This is sansrival, I OWN THIS PLACE! lol joke!
My spanish nerdy classm8 owns this place Razz
Therefore i get free food cuz she labs me and spoils everyone of us.
Hihi. Miss her though, shes still in Texas. tongue

Know my place| Dumaguete City Sansvb0

Know my place| Dumaguete City 3235269918_44ca305733

Know my place| Dumaguete City 3235271854_5987f7d098

Know my place| Dumaguete City 3234430647_d55956d01b

Know my place| Dumaguete City 3234421249_98ab3ccbbd
Back to top Go down
princesa_08

princesa_08

PostSubject: Re: Know my place| Dumaguete City   Know my place| Dumaguete City Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 1:51 pm

^ seriously you really are talking to much. hahahaha xD

i would like to post my hometown but you will just see buildings. hahaha xD
Back to top Go down
http://arahpanda.blogspot.com
princesa_08

princesa_08

PostSubject: Re: Know my place| Dumaguete City   Know my place| Dumaguete City Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 2:27 pm

Know my place| Dumaguete City Mid_img_makati

ok here it is . LOL
Back to top Go down
http://arahpanda.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Know my place| Dumaguete City   Know my place| Dumaguete City Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 1:44 pm

Buti pa kayo may pics eh wala ako pics ng bahay namin sa Bulacan hahaha. x3
Back to top Go down
Euphemia

Euphemia

PostSubject: Re: Know my place| Dumaguete City   Know my place| Dumaguete City Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 6:46 pm

I love you Davao xity~~~ lol!

~Heheheheh~
Know my place| Dumaguete City Anime_lovers
Back to top Go down
RhymeThyName

RhymeThyName

PostSubject: Re: Know my place| Dumaguete City   Know my place| Dumaguete City Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 3:39 am

Cebuano ka dong?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Know my place| Dumaguete City   Know my place| Dumaguete City Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Know my place| Dumaguete City
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The World of Royalty :: Discussion :: Gallery-
Jump to: